The club aims to ensure that all people, irrespective of their age, gender, disability, race, religion, ethnic origin, creed, colour, social status or sexual orientation, have equal opportunities to take part in the activities of the club at all levels and in all roles.
It is the responsibility of all club members to promote equal opportunities and oppose discriminatory behaviour.
- The club undertakes to publicise its activities widely and through various media in order to make information available to all in the community.
- The club undertakes to provide coaching at all levels or seek assistance from other local clubs when necessary in order to ensure a service for all applicants.
- The club undertakes to provide a variety of equipment suitable for all levels of ability and age groups. The provision of equipment to all junior members for the first 1-2 years (longer if necessary) is free or subsidised.
- The Club undertakes to negotiate discretionary charges for membership where social deprivation or related difficulties affect a member’s ability to pay club fees.
- Events and competitions will be provided within the club and/or through the BC national systems for all members at all levels of ability.
The club respects the rights, dignity and worth of every person, and will treat everyone equally within the context of our sport and believes that everyone has the right to enjoy our sport in an environment free from threat of intimidation, harassment and abuse .
The Committee may take serious disciplinary measures should this code of behaviour be broken.
NOTE. All the above undertakings are subject to safety precautions and risk assessments. In particular, no person can become a paddling member unless they are a competent swimmer and are prepared to prove their swimming ability.